Sunday, August 29, 2010

Scanned Turn Around + Character Sheet and Cut Outs

Here is my turn around animation after I scanned in the frames. I had to adjust the contrast so that the lines were darker. The first time I used a different character design, but chose a different character when I redid the animation. It's the character I posted on my blog before. Here is the character sheet. I should've realized how much a pain the hair would be to animate and I think it still needs work. If I have time I'll tweak it.

Here's the other two paper cutouts.

Going Around and Around

Here's my turn around...again. This time I added the character details. I'll try and scan the frames later today so that the quality is better. Some of the frames in the video shows the first frame underneath.

Turn Around Test

This is the 2nd test turn around with inbewtweens. For the frames with the foot in the air, I put them on ones instead of twos. I had two versions to test out which speed was better for the foot movement. When it was on twos it looked a bit slow. Hopefully I can get a rough draft done of my final turn. There some things I fixed on this animation like the ending where his body is swaying.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Turn Around Key Frames

This is my second test with my character turning around. The first test was had some problems so I redid the key frames with a different character. The link to the Animation Mentor site really helped me out. All the keys are on twos right now. The last frame looks odd but it should flow nicely with inbetweens.

Friday, August 27, 2010


Here are my compositions of the teapot, cup, and plate. For some reason, it seems that I made more depressing compositions than happy ones. I really liked some of the pictures that came out of this assignment. It's challenging to think about where everything should be placed in the box.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Character Cutouts

Here's the character cutouts from Thursday's class. The first one I made didn't push the shapes enough. The others look pretty cool. It was a challenging experience, but this is the beginning of different character designs.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3rd attempt

I'm still trying to fix my anticipation animation. This one seems to be better than my last two. I'm still have problems with follow through.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Drawings

These are some of the sketches I did over the summer of a character I created. I'm still thinking of a name for him, but it was fun drawing. All of these drawings were done in pen.